Interested in learning sailing, cruising, passage making, racing, navigation, or power yacht skills on your boat? Nothing beats one-on-one instruction in your home waters. Our US SAILING Certified Instructors can travel to you with a customized curriculum. We have the teaching expertise and practical knowledge from our years of experience to develop a personalized course of instruction to help you reach your learning goals. The result is experience that gives you the skills and confidence to enjoy your time on the water to the fullest. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs.
Special Note: If you're considering private instruction, but would like to sail on a charter boat in Florida, the Bahamas, or the Caribbean, we can make it happen!
|Private Instruction||Clients Yacht||Custom||$450.00/day
Private Instruction Topics:
- Sailing: setting & reefing sails, sail trim & boat speed, spinnakers, heavy weather sailing, racing tactics
- Power Boat Operation: close quarters maneuvering, single vs: twin engines, bow thrusters, prop walk, directed thrust, & windage consideration
- Machinery Operation: engine, generator, windlass, & steering
- Systems Operation: fresh water, salt water, heads/holding tank/macerators, 12 volt / 120 volt electrical systems, charging systems
- Environmental Systems: heating & air conditioning, galley equipment / propane system, refrigerator & freezer
- Electronics Operation: navigation, entertainment, and monitoring equipment
- Rigging Operation: winches, spinnaker & whisker poles, running backstays, furlers and more
- Leaving & Returning: dock/mooring maneuvering, anchoring techniques - 1 & 2 anchors
- Preparation to Sail Coastal & Offshore: route planning, weather forecasting and monitoring, long term provisioning & galley skills, entry/exit of foreign countries
- Crew Operations and Skills: racing or cruising, 24 hour watch keeping, safety and emergency procedures, overboard recovery methods
- Navigation & Piloting: inshore, coastal, & offshore, nav. aids, charts, electronics, publications, tools, strategy